How to be in the world but not of it is a beautiful paradox. To unlock this secret, you’ll want to figure out how the dualistic nature of the planet and your free will help you sort through the chaos and overwhelm that is now prevalent in our society.
Here’s what I believe. The Divine created the earth as a place where dualism and free will reign. Free will allows you to be the Goddess of your own life choices. You, and you alone, are the choice maker. Even if you follow another’s advice, you’ve still chosen to do so.
The dualistic nature of earth is a seamless part of life and we typically take it for granted:
- Male, female,
- Sun, moon
- Left, right,
- Up, down
- Extrovert and introvert.
Paired together, dualism and free brings about joy, peace, and happiness, along with challenges, failures, and struggles. It’s all part of the Divine’s grand plan, which is very exciting because… without one, you can’t have the other. Think for a moment. When disruptive life experiences occur you stretch beyond your comfort zone, often learning something new about yourself or another. It can be a time of great personal growth or a time of great challenges. If you see challenges as gentle nudges from your soul letting you know it’s transformation time. You can choose to embrace change or fight it. Here again free will take action remain asleep or awaken. Either journey will have it’s challenges
How to Be In the World But Not of It
Knowing how the dualistic nature of life and free will work together allows us to build an intimate relationship with our personality, helping us shift into greater awareness about ourselves.
I believe our personalities have a dualistic nature. Ego conditioning influences the side of our humanness, and Divine right actions inspire our Beingness. It makes sense, right. If you’re on the planet, you’re living in a dualistic world, so why wouldn’t our personalities be the same?
Now, here’s where the choice of free will comes into play. Do you want to lead an ego-conditioned life or a Divinely inspired life? I believe God has a sense of humor, but even She wouldn’t be so cruel as to send us to Earth without the best tools to survive and thrive: our distinct personality type and our soul self, the place the Divine resides within.
Looking at the Ego Only Life Construct
Many of us choose to use the ego-mind and disconnect from our souls, the Divine self, while others choose to focus on soulful living and disconnect from the ego-mind. Ahh, here is where problems arise. When we choose one over another, we start building a life on the outer rims of reality, which is extreme and unhealthy. It’s living a life of separation.
Ego-centric folks choose lifestyle attitudes embracing; over-consuming, winner takes all mentality, working hard to get ahead, with the hum of constant questioning in their minds; how can I make more, do more or be more? They live on a timeline that is intricately linked to the physical world. Often not seeing the wonder or joy their true self is trying to show them. (This is being of the world, and it’s exhausting. Believe me; I know I did for decades.)
Looking at a Spiritual Only Life Construct
Others live life solely focused on spirituality or religion. There is nothing wrong with wanting to live a positive, joyful life while becoming aware of your authentic self. But what I’ve been witnessing is a trendy, templated path to spirituality. A one size fits all approach to your authentic soul signature. I don’t believe there is a one-size-fits-all spiritual path. What works for one person isn’t likely to work for another unless your personality types are similar, say sister types: example, ENTP – INTP.
Additionally, without doing the hard work, which constitutes a commitment to staying centered in your soul, life becomes elusive. Here again, these folks also become anchored in the physical timeline. It’s a living totally disconnected from the world searching and wandering. To expand your soul, you must experience life through your personality, which means participating in life fully.
How Do You Relate to the World?
This is where it gets interesting. How we relate to the world is programmed into our personality. And, of course, personality typing exhibits the dualistic nature of extroversion and introversion, among others. Did you know that each personality characteristic is tagged with an introvert or extrovert function? We’ll get into that at a later time. Stay tuned.
- If you relate to the world as an extrovert, you want to jump in and take action. You’re more influenced and dependent on the outer world. If you’re constantly doing, desiring, demanding outward feedback and attention, you become disconnected from your soul. Our soul is often trying to share important messages from the Divine Intelligence that you need to hear. All of doingness becomes a distraction, and it may cause others to stay away. And you wonder why people don’t like you?
- A similar crisis can arise for introverts. When the physical world becomes too noisy, hurried, or chaotic, you may choose to hibernate and disconnect to protect yourself from it all. I get it. But the result is, the world loses your voice, the messages you are here to share. You can become so isolated that you block potential relationships.
Live in the Here and Now, Aware Of the Craziness, but not Entangled In It
The purpose and premise of the Soul’s Role in Personality Typing©️ is about discovering your true self and who you really are. It’s a uniting of a healthy personality type with your soul self. The soul (our unique Divine guidance system; our beingness) acts in tandem with our personality types (the logical, reasoned mind; our humanness). When this connection happens, it enables you to face life’s challenges, struggles, and overwhelm from a higher perspective while being grounded in the here-and-now. Our minds become clear as we unpack old, sabotaging beliefs and values that were never really ours. Decisions go from good to great. And we live in the hear and now aware of the craziness but not entangled in it. We’re focused. We embrace the Divine side of life, or what I call enlightened living.
A Few Ideas to Start the Journey to the TrueSelf
For those of you who are anxious to get started here are a few ideas to begin the journey to your TrueSelf – the WHO of who you really are:
– I’m sure you’ve already heard this one, but please release the need to stay stuck in today’s news media vortex. You are a child of the Divine. Your time would be better spent opening up your heart center so that you can listen to the messages from your SoulSelf,
– Develop a list of ten things that bring you joy? For the next ten days; write, meditate, paint… on why they bring you joy or do they bring you joy because they please another, repeat; make this a habit
– Find ways to connect with yourself; painting, poetry, meditation, singing, dancing, baking… when you’re in this space, worries fall away, and clarity takes its place,
– Start a daily practice of self-awareness, which may be breathwork, yoga, walking meditation, tending to a garden… Again, if you ask your TrueSelf what works best for you; you’ll get an answer, you’ll need to listen,
– Notice what triggers you? These are clues to unconscious aspects of your personality type. Write them down, and witness your reaction when they occur. Which ones are repetitive? Repetitive patterns are indicating change and transformation.
Recap: How To Be In the World but Not of It?
- Understand we live in a dualistic, free will world where you alone are responsible for your decisions. Do you want a life tethered only to the physical or only to the spiritual? Hint in a dualistic world, a balance of the two is where you find your; joy, love, peace, passion, and purpose,
- Extroverts are influenced and are often dependent on the physical world, yet over-dependence creates imbalances and an unhealthy lifestyle. It may be time to step back and go within to remove FOMO,
- Introverts are much happier disconnecting from a chaotic, over-stimulated world, so you tend to go within and stay stuck in the world of you. It’s fine for a while, but over time, your isolation can cause relationships to collapse, which may take a toll on your mental health. It’s ok to step out into the world every once in a while to connect one-on-one, a healthy behavior trait for most introverts.
- The secret duality of personality typing is to understand your human beingness. The words human (of the logical mind, and being (of the spirit) unleashes a new paradigm in personality typing.
- Five tips to get you started on the journey to your true self.
Are You Ready For A New Paradigm in Personality Typing
I hope you found How to be in the World but Not Of It to be beneficial. I’m passionate about introducing the idea of soul work as a component of personality typing. The 1950s model is fantastic, but as we awaken to our spiritual needs, we must incorporate the gifts of a healthy personality type to align with our signature, SoulSelf. When we do this, we express our soul’s intentions through our personality. We show up in the world with great clarity, full of joy, passion, and purpose. This is the path to enlightened living.
What Are You Waiting For?
Are these questions ruminating in your mind; “Who Am I?” “How Do I Fit Into The World?” “Why Am I Here?” “What About My Dreams and Desires?” Know you are not alone 97% of people desire to know themselves better?
Here’s the thing, 97% want to change, but many of us don’t know how to unravel our conditioned selves, the selves layered in false beliefs. I want to help you unspool Who We Are Not, to unveil the person “you learned” to be, to shed the FalseSelf persona, to discover the truth of you!
Let me introduce you to the Soul’s Role In Personality Typing; it’s personality typing with a spiritual understanding. I help you discover your TrueSelf, your truth, by revealing a process to unveil a healthy personality, one that your unique SoulSelf inspires. What I know, everything you are seeking is already within you. I provide resources using your personality type traits infused with spiritual know-how to help you clarify who you really are; your TrueSelf.
I want you to join the 3%’ers community – with those who clear about who they really are, those who are living an enlightened life. I’m here to share the liberating lessons that I learned going through my life tsunami. What are you waiting for? It’s time.
Are You Ready?
If you’re an individual who’s spiritually open, ready to discover who you really are, and know you’re more than your struggles and fears, I welcome you. I’m on a mission to build a thriving community to help you rediscover your True Self, the truth of who you really are.
I’m here for you, to walk you through challenge and change. To help you create a life beyond your wildest daydreams. Contact me if you desire a customized coaching session to identify your soul-inspired personality type to bring clarity along with passion, purpose, and the joy you here to share with the world.
Note: I’m a certified Myers-Briggs® instructor with an intuitive side and ready to introduce you to a new paradigm in personality typing supported by a spiritual understanding.
Join The Movement
Are you ready to become your own new path maker and rediscover yourself? If so, I’d love to see you on Pinterest or Instagram. The best way to feel part of this community is by subscribing; I’m debating on a newsletter or quarterly magazine? What do you prefer?
It’s Time to Discover; The Soul’s Role in Personality Typing ©️ – Nina Zapala, a Curious Type, ENTP.