The best travel essentials to make your personality type happy, in my humble opinion, are practical, environmentally friendly, and easy on the wallet. You probably won’t find a lot of tech recommendations, as I’m all about disconnecting from my digital life while away. Still, I did identify a few techie things I won’t travel without.
I want you to know this space is all about sharing and community. So please, if you have any fabulous travel accessories you can’t live without, drop a comment below. I will add them to the list.
Why Trust Nina Zapala
I’ve been part of the travel industry since 1998. No, this post isn’t all about product testing. It’s more about real-world experiences, what I’ve been using, and what I love. For me, I’m all about products that stand the test of time and are economically and environmentally friendly. I wanted to share what I love. If you’ve been looking for a few useful and practical travel items to make your trip even better, read on!
I would be remiss not to mention my decade-long studies, research, and understanding of personality types. Plus, I’ve augmented the 1940 type with spiritual understandings. So, of course, I’m also sharing items of interest for each personality type. So let’s get to it.
Best Travel Essentials To Make Your Personality Type Happy
These best travel essentials are perfect for any type of travel; rail, air, car, or motorcycle. These items fit into a backpack as easily as they fit into a small carry-on. The idea when we travel is not to be weighed down by all the stuff, physically and psychologically. Why not pack what we need with a minimalistic approach; especially when it comes to plastic? The less you leave behind, the happy Pachamama (Mother Nature) is!
A quick question have you considered how your plastic waste gets recycled when visiting an island nation? I don’t want to be a downer … but. Plastic pollution in oceans and other bodies of water continues to grow sharply. A new study reports it could more than double by 2030, reported in 2021 by the UN Environment Programme ( UNEP ).
So can we all try to cut down on plastic and find alternatives? It’s not as hard as you think. And to start your plastic-free journey, I’ve listed a few items that will help you become a Pacamamma warrior. WAHOO!
Best Travel Accessories Your Type Will Love: The List
Ok, I promised essentials, and essentials are what you’ll get. You may want to bookmark this page. And if you’re so inclined, share it with your friends who are getting ready to hit the road!
Hair care is a must, and what’s always in my suitcase are the Viori conditioner and shampoo bars. Not only is this hair care brand nourishing, it smells amazing, and there is no plastic involved. In fact, these sustainable products contain the same ritually-prepared Longsheng rice water used by the Red Yao for centuries. Viori works directly with the Red Yao. They purchase the ancient rice at a premium in order to create a long-term, sustainable partnership. Learn more about the Red Yao. Tip: In a pinch, these bars can double as body care soap.
- These personality types may find this product to be to their liking. Why? These travelers love beauty and quality: the Abstract travelers (ISFP), the Insightful travelers (INFJ), and the Harmonious travelers (ENFJ). Ingenious travelers (INTP) are minimalists at heart so Viori is a good choice. Their soul sister type, the Curious traveler (ENTP), seeks practicality, and these products fit the bill. The Insightful travelers (INFJ) and Harmonious travelers (ENFJ) will also seek this product as their (Se) trait loves novel things.
Dental Care, forget the toothpaste tube and take a bite, literally of Bite. This eco-friendly toothpaste alternative comes in a glass jar – glass recycles easily. If you want a DIY eco-friendly version, here’s a great resource. I’ve actually made their toothpaste, and it works really well.
- Abstract travelers (ISFP) and Seeking travelers (INFP) are both interested in living in a way to express their values. But Abstract travelers take this idea to a new level. They seem to become a living example of their own style. Of course, saving the planet is a value they will express. An Inventive traveler (INTJ) is very futuristic and sees what the UNEP knows. With plastic pollution rising, Kindly Travelers (ISFJ) will favor environmentally friendly products.
Best Tech Travel Essentials
Nimble is an eco-friendly tech product for all of your charging needs. Think cables, cases, adaptors, and screen protectors for Android and Apple products.
- Assured Travelers (ENTJ) are natural techies who may know the Nimble product lines, which are durable and eco-friendly. Dutiful Travelers (ESTJ) will find Nible to be a logical choice. These types tend to side with people and companies who take their responsibilities seriously. Ingenious travelers (INTJ) are also users. I know my son turned me onto this brand.
Most of us have phone cases, especially if you want your phone to last. Here are a few good eco-friendly, sustainable, and stylish choices from Casetify, OtterBox, and Native Union. These protective cases are made from responsibly sourced materials: plant-based composites, ocean-based plastic, and even recycled phone cases. My travel friend loves Zagg Gear Four.
Best Wearable and Other Travel Essentials
Pachena Shawls, I have several. One was a gift from Ireland. It’s the most beautiful green wool, soft and super warm. As for the other two, I bought them at the Istanbul Grand Bazaar.
- Ok, I’m sharing a personal story. After talking to the store owner for a while, he took me to the shop’s storage room. He let me browse through shawls, not on display. What a treat. And of course, I had to buy two. I’m an ENTP, a Curious traveler, and this is so my travel style. A few other types love peopling, too, and would have been right by my side. The Harmonious traveler, ENFJ; Enthusiast travelers, ENFP; Attentive travelers (ESFJ) and Playful travelers, ESFP – notice we’re all extrovertsJust say’in.
Linen; dresses, shorts, and blouses. Some of my favorite places to purchase sustainable linen are Linenbee and Quincy Clothes.
- Linen is a classic that appeals to the ESFJ, the Attentive traveler; ISFJ, the Kindaly traveler; ESTJ, the Dutiful traveler; and the Grounded traveler, ISTJ. Note the ISFJ is highly concerned with quality. One of the reasons Linebee is such a great choice for these types. Plus, linen is easy to pack regardless of your type.
Luggage. My favorite backpack is a red Tumi. I love it, and you’d be amazed how much stuff you can fit in it. As far as luggage goes, honestly, I travel light and typically take a carry-on and my Tumi. Tumi is, and remains, a popular choice for many personality types.
Got a Minute
Have you got a minute? Would you mind sharing this article with someone who might benefit from it? I’m completely self-employed and rely on shares and traffic to this website for a living. I would greatly appreciate your assistance. It means a lot to me!
Join The Movement
The best way to feel part of this community is by subscribing to Nina’s Newsletter. I offer a weekly word of enlightenment to keep you inspired. Remember, words are the framework for your life, so why not build a vocabulary of inspiring ones? This content is exclusive to my newsletter, which only you, as a subscriber, can enjoy.
Are you ready to rediscover yourself? Join me on YouTube and Twitter, plus I’m on Pinterest . Linkedin is another way to stay in touch, and you’ll find me on Instagram.
Are You Ready to Discover; Spiritual Personality Typing®? Hi, I’m Nina Zapala, getting writing my butt off to get my packable paperback on the shelves; Let Your Inner Guide Be Your Travel Guide: Unpack Your Personality Type. Sign up for Nina’s Newsletter if you want exclusive content not published anywhere else. You’ll be the first to get access to my book launch. Plus, a weekly word of inspiration and all the shenanigans to follow.
Leave a Reply